Report an Absence
Students are expected to attend all assigned classes each day. It is important that you call the office whenever your student will be absent from school.
Please report your child's absence and reason for absence to the school attendance line before 8:30 a.m. at 425-408-4810.
Kenmore Elementary Attendance Policy
Regular school attendance is required and necessary if students are to succeed academically. Kenmore Elementary School is committed to working with parents to ensure that students regularly attend school.
In compliance with Washington State Law and School Board Policy, Northshore School District requires parents/guardians to inform the school of student absences. Please report your child's absence and reason for absence before 8:30 a.m. at 425-408-4810. Student absences need to be reported in writing, by phone, or in person at the school office. Teachers are not able to properly document planned absences; therefore, report those absences to the office as well. Due to new district guidelines, absences may not be reported by email.
Absences not excused within 2 weeks of the absence are automatically considered "unexcused". This status cannot be changed after this 2 week period.
Woodin Elementary will adhere to state law by following the Becca Bill and its provisions for unexcused absences.
The Becca Bill requires unexcused absences to be processed in the following manner:
- Inform parents in writing after one unexcused absence in one month.
- Schedule a parent conference after two unexcused absences in one month.
- Enter into a formal agreement with the student and parent regarding attendance or file a truancy petition with Juvenile Court if a student has five unexcused absences in a month.
- File a truancy petition with Juvenile Court if a student has seven unexcused absences in a month or ten unexcused absences in a year.
- File a contempt motion if a student is not in compliance with a court order resulting from a truancy petition.